Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bacalao con Morrones - 95


What in the world is BACALAO CON MORRONES? The translation is Codfish with Red Peppers, and as you can see from the pictures, those peppers are really red.

While this might look complicated, it was actually a fairly easy recipe. First I gently sauteed some onions and garlic in olive oil, and then added the cod to the pan to brown it, too. Once the fish was cooked through and flaky, I added some pickled red peppers that I'd bought at Whole Foods. They come whole in a small jar, so I cut them into strips before adding them to the fish. Before serving the fish, I added a small amount of white wine to the pan to "unstick" the fish, onions and garlic.

We ate the BACALAO CON MORRONES with a small avocado salad on the side. It was really good, except that the peppers weren't very spicy. Next time I might go another route with dark red chile ancho strips, or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign off

Remember: if you want the recipes for anything written in CAPITAL LETTERS, please let me know!