Friday, May 21, 2010

Tacos de hongos - 91


¿Dónde he estado? Where have I been? En una palabra - ocupadísima. In a word - very busy. It's the full time job, folks. The end of the term at the end of the school year in addition to several committee assignments have all kept me from doing my blog, and I apologize. Me disculpo...

Pero más importante, ¿qué he estado cocinando y comiendo?
But more importantly, what have I been cooking and eating? I have not given up on this challenge, and continue to eat Mexican food almost daily. The reason that I haven't blogged about any of the recent meals hasn't been just the job, but the repetition of all of our favorite meals. So, while I've been missing, we've eaten things like chile rellenos, tacos de pollo, bistec con salsa ranchera, fajitas, y huevos. It's all been good, but hurried. Again, me disculpo...

So, the other night we've got these beautiful baby portobello mushrooms, and I want to make something Mexican. I nixed the idea of making quesadillas con hongos because I didn't want to buy or eat flour tortillas and cheese. We'd already had meat several times during the week, and half of the mushrooms had been added to a lovely vegetarian spaghetti sauce the previous week. I decided I'd make a taco filling using the baby portobellos with tomatoes, onions, peppers, olive oil and lots of seasoning - mucha sazón - and fresh corn tortillas with a good, crumbly Mexican cheese.

Dinner was light, but dinner was unique and delicious! Es posible que repitamos esta comida muy pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign off

Remember: if you want the recipes for anything written in CAPITAL LETTERS, please let me know!