Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Shrimp Fajitas - 210


No picture credits here! I tried hard to set up a colorful display area to show off our dinner last night, but the VERY hot and steaming fajita pan almost burned everything. Not wanting the fajitas to get cold, I quickly pulled the decorative pieces aside, threw down a thick potholder, and took pictures of the steaming hot SHRIMP FAJITAS sitting atop our ugly old wooden table.

As I left for work yesterday morning, Javier asked what I wanted for dinner. Two nights a week I teach evening classes, so I usually don't like coming home to dinnertime decisions or tons of chopping, peeling, grating, etc. Cooking never seems like work to me, even after a day of teaching, but by the time I get home the two of us are hungry. Tenemos mucho hambre.

So, as I left for work yesterday morning, I said that after last week, I didn't really want to eat any starch, cheese, or anything heavy on the meat. Javier mentioned some shrimp we had in the freezer and some bell peppers that we had left over from the quinoa salad on Thanksgiving, so he came up with the idea of SHRIMP FAJITAS for dinner. We have never made these before, so he had to hit the cookbooks and online sites for recipes.

It was a pleasure coming home to dinner being cooked and only eating a plate full of shrimp, bell peppers and onions. It was a simple recipe, delicious, and one I would repeat some day. With a bigger appetite and better imagination one could fix & eat this meal with a nice white sangria, brown rice, tortillas, and maybe a little guacamole on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign off

Remember: if you want the recipes for anything written in CAPITAL LETTERS, please let me know!