Sunday, December 27, 2009

Wow - am I embarrassed!


Here we are in Texas for the holidays, and I thought we'd be eating Mexican food every day. Just in case we were, I've carried my camera with me in my purse hoping to take photos along the way.

But no...we've been eating Cajun food, seafood from the Gulf of Mexico, barbecue, and a large honey baked ham with macaroni and cheese, green beans, and sweet potatoes on the side. We did eat some terrific enchiladas on Xmas Eve along with a sangria that one family member claims sent us into family passive/agressive quarrels. Not so, I can assure you. We were all tired and couldn't decide who should sleep in what bed, get up early, and make coffee the next morning. My parents used to call that being "cranky."

This morning we had some amazing breakfast tacos at a coffee shop attached to a nursery. After a couple of cafes cortados and 4 different breakfast tacos, we wandered about the nursery looking at all kinds of statuary, agave plants, bamboos, and bird baths. The rest of the day was spent wrestling the honey baked ham into the oven as we headed off to the movies to see "Sherlock Holmes." Not exactly the stuff that Mexican Menu 240 is usually made from!

I hope to have something appropriate on here tomorrow or the next day. Thanks for your patience. I sort of knew this might happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign off

Remember: if you want the recipes for anything written in CAPITAL LETTERS, please let me know!