Tuesday, April 6, 2010

(Otra) Sopa de Pescado - 113


A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine sent me a recipe for a fish and shrimp soup that looked a lot like our recipe for Caldo Michi. The main differences were the addition of potatoes and celery, the shrimp, white wine, and the method of cooking.

On the scanned recipe that my friend, Susan, sent me was the notation that out of a possible 10 points, someone had given this recipe a 12.5. I knew I had to try it. If you haven't noticed by now, soups are one of my favorite meals!

This turned out to be not just a soup but a very filling and elegant meal. The soup - which was full of potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, jalapeño peppers and tomatoes - was very rich and delicious. The shrimp and fish went into the simmering soup towards the end of the cooking process, and helped the flavor and texture reach a crescendo. We served it as we usually serve Mexican soups with diced avocados and limes on the side.

This one's a keeper. We will definitely serve it again as we would any traditional Mexican main-dish soup. Thank you, Susan, for sending this recipe to me!

1 comment:

  1. I would love a copy of the soup recipe if you still have it.

    Joeycoco98@yahoo.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Sign off

Remember: if you want the recipes for anything written in CAPITAL LETTERS, please let me know!