Friday, April 30, 2010

Pollo Almendrado - 98


I've had all of the ingredients on hand for this dish for over a month, but just couldn't talk myself into making it. I kept finding other things to do with chicken.

Javier happened to come across the recipe, and after checking to see that we still had all of the ingredients, he decided to make POLLO ALMENDRADO one evening. I still couldn't muster much enthusiasm, but thanked him and then left for work.

When I got home that evening, the garage (which is next to our kitchen) smelled divine as I got out of the car. When I stepped into the kitchen, the aroma was amazing. I couldn't wait to try this POLLO ALMENDRADO recipe that I'd been avoiding for almost a month.

It was really good and really different. It wasn't very spicy, but that was okay because we eat so much spicy food. The sauce was smooth and delicious, and the almonds weren't overwhelming. This is a dish that I would like to make again someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign off

Remember: if you want the recipes for anything written in CAPITAL LETTERS, please let me know!