Monday, November 23, 2009

Sopita de Calabaza - 217


Another day, another sopita - which means another little soup.

We had made dinner plans last week, but canceled them yesterday when I realized how tired I was, how many papers I still had to grade, and how bad the weather was. It wasn't exactly a blizzard, but it was snowing off & on all day, and I just didn't feel like getting dressed in sweaters, coats, gloves and mittens.

We looked in the fridge and found a large carton of yellow winter squash that Javier had cut up several days before when we made the SOPA AZTECA. (That was the squash that he said had been so hard to cut into cubes) I had some chicken broth on hand, so I made a puree of the squash with the chicken broth and cilantro, and then served it with cut-up chile pasilla and grated cheese. The dark things that look like prunes floating in the soup are the chiles pasilla.

No, not the most inspiring day for cooking, especially after canceling a reservation for dinner at a very good local restaurant, but the sopita was good and filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign off

Remember: if you want the recipes for anything written in CAPITAL LETTERS, please let me know!