Monday, March 15, 2010

Lo siento - 126

For the last two evenings I haven't made a real Mexican meal. Yesterday, Sunday, I made a beautiful TORTILLA ESPAÑOLA to take with me to a potluck supper where Spanish PAELLA and wines were being served in addition to salad and bread. There were a couple of bean dishes and an Italian polenta dish made with chard, but Mexican - no.

So then tonight...I had these insipid pork chops defrosted in the refrigerator and was going to brown them before bathing them in a hot and spicy tomato sauce, then serve with arroz, frijoles, guacamole, y tortillas. It turned out to be one of the most uninspiring meals we've made since we started this project, pictures and all. I set the table nicely, took a few pictures, and then when I saw them next to the blog I decided not to post them. The pictures were almost worse than the meal, which was edible, but not great.

Conclusions? Do something different, different, diferente with pork chops. TORTILLA ESPAÑOLA is an OK meal, but nothing groundbreaking there, either. And, it's Spanish...

Until tomorrow ~ hasta mañana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign off

Remember: if you want the recipes for anything written in CAPITAL LETTERS, please let me know!