Sunday, March 7, 2010

Otro Queso Fundido - 134


Last night we had company over for a delicious and healthy meal of chicken on skewers, raw vegetables and dip, and sliced fresh pineapple for dessert. It seemed too healthy, so I decided to make something else to go with the meal.

I made a QUESO FUNDIDO con ALCACHOFAS - a hot cheese 'fondue' with artichokes - which also has hot peppers as a main ingredient. The cheese I used in the recipe was the pepper jack variety that has diced jalapeños in it, but that wasn't enough. Since we had roasted and peeled a large number of chiles poblanos the other day (and you may be hearing more about those over the next couple of days as we start using them) I decided to dice some of those into the QUESO FUNDIDO to make it spicier and more appealing.

You can serve QUESO FUNDIDO as an appetizer, sort of like a hot artichoke dip, with a good sturdy tortilla chip, or warm tortillas, either flour or corn. Since this was part of our dinner menu last night, I bought some bolillos (Mexican hard rolls) and sliced them for people to enjoy with their dinner - with or without the QUESO FUNDIDO on top.

I wish I'd made more because the chicken skewers which I'd bought already prepared and ready for the grill were no big deal. In fact, we were all adding more of the sauce at the table to them to give them some flavor. The raw veggies with the white bean dip and the QUESO FUNDIDO went over much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign off

Remember: if you want the recipes for anything written in CAPITAL LETTERS, please let me know!