Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Quesadillas de Queso Fresco - 172


I am really watching what I eat these days, so this morning I decided to make a couple of QUESADILLAS DE QUESO FRESCO and a half of an apple for my breakfast. It's not all about diets and weight loss, though. It's more about eating good food that's filling, but not made with fats, flour, sugar and additives.

We have some nice queso fresco in the refrigerator, so I sliced it thin and put it into a fresh corn tortilla (from that great tortillería) on the grill. When the tortilla was nice and hot, but not toasted to a crisp, and the queso felt melted on the inside, I served the QUESADILLAS with some sliced apple for dessert. Actually, a side of any fruit you like would work. Apples happened to be all that I had on hand this morning, but I usually have either oranges or berries around as well.

Sometimes we eat our QUESADILLAS for breakfast with a nice salsa, but last night we ate the leftover CHILE RELLENOS DE PICADILLO and they were muy picantes y muy bravos. This morning my stomach was pleading for a nice, bland breakfast and the QUESADILLAS DE QUESO FRESCO did the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign off

Remember: if you want the recipes for anything written in CAPITAL LETTERS, please let me know!