Sunday, February 28, 2010

Carne asada - 140


Hace muy buen tiempo aquí en Oregón - we had beautiful weather here in Oregon today, so we decided to light the grill and do some steaks - CARNE ASADA.

A typical CARNE ASADA, which is grilled steak, is served with salsa, guacamole, frijoles, arroz y tortillas, but since both of us wanted to make it light, we cut out the arroz. Earlier in the day I had made a salsa from tomatillos, ajo y chiles chipotles. As dinner approached and the steaks were on the grill, I made a guacamole in a traditional Mexico City style (chunky), and then warmed some frijoles pintos that I had cooked yesterday. The last thing I did before the CARNE ASADA came off the grill was warm the fresh tortillas that I had picked up at the tortillería today.

We served dinner with a wonderful Oregon Pinot Noir from the Willamette Valley, one from the Bernard Machado Vineyards (2006). It was very good, as was our dinner - a one-day-late celebration of our 26th wedding anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign off

Remember: if you want the recipes for anything written in CAPITAL LETTERS, please let me know!