Sunday, February 7, 2010

Crema de Chile Poblano con Maiz - 156


Un buen día para sopa...Yesterday was a good day for soup. We woke up to heavy snow and cold temperatures, and since we had some roasted chiles poblanos in the refrigerator, I decided to make soup. I used a recipe that a Spanish student gave me a couple of years ago.

First I peeled and diced a couple of potatoes, which I boiled. While they were simmering, I removed all of the seeds and veins from the chiles poblanos and put them into the blender. I added some chicken stock, and when the diced potatoes were done and ready to be blended, I added them. (I held back some to add to the finished soup). I pureed this mixture and then poured it into a soup pot where I added the corn, some milk (not cream!), the remaining diced potatoes and some seasonings. Then I let it simmer on low.

We ate it for lunch with a little shredded queso fresco on top and some fresh, warm tortillas on the side. Nothing could have been better on this cold, snowy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign off

Remember: if you want the recipes for anything written in CAPITAL LETTERS, please let me know!