Saturday, February 13, 2010

Mexican Fried Rice - 151


The other day I noticed some leftover white rice in the refrigerator and decided that I would have to incorporate it into another meal. We don't eat white rice very often, so I wanted to do something that would spiff it up a bit and make it seem healthy.

Remember the chicken chorizo - the one I was so happy about because it was virtually grease-free and delicious? I had one left, so decided to create our own version of fried rice using the leftover rice and the chorizo as the two principle ingredients.

In addition to the chorizo, we diced up a lot of veggies - carrots, onions, peppers, and celery to give it some crunch - and sauteed them along with the chorizo once it was cooked. To this mixture we added a chopped up scrambled egg pancake and the arroz, a tiny bit of chicken broth, and then let the skillet do the rest. Before eating, we garnished it with some chopped cilantro. (Javier says that we should have sprinkled some diced peanuts - cacahuates - on top before eating, but I don't know).

What can I say? It turned out spicy, delicious, and filling. We used up the white rice that had been sitting in the refrigerator, and ate our vegetables all in one meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign off

Remember: if you want the recipes for anything written in CAPITAL LETTERS, please let me know!