Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pollo y ejotes verdes - 157


It's simple: I have to keep losing more weight.

I defrosted some chicken breasts, bought some fresh green beans (ejotes verdes) and cooked them all on the indoor grill. It's snowing here.

Previously I had seasoned all of them with lemon juice, a little olive oil, and one of the new Mexican seasonings that came in the gift pack I received for Christmas. We heated the grill as high as it would go, and started to grill the breasts, followed by some chiles serranos (seen in the picture on top of the chicken), and then finally tossed the ejotes onto the dry grill. Javier heated the last two flour tortillas to go with his dinner. That reminds me...the fresh corn tortillas come out today.

Sencilla, elegante y muy deliciosa. Y muy fácil también. That sums up our dinner last night - simple, elegant, delicious and very easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign off

Remember: if you want the recipes for anything written in CAPITAL LETTERS, please let me know!